Monday, December 31, 2007

Thank You Lord

I read somewhere that whenever you feel upset or discontented - the best solution to help you snap out of that frame of mind is to give thanks for all the our blessings. Another appropriate time to count your blessings is on signicant occasions.

Today is 31 Dec - the last day of 2007. How time flies - I have not even completed my resolutions for 2007! I choose today to reflect on all the blessings I have received in 2007: -

1) A job with a stable income to "feed" my family
2) A roof over my head (in fact - a most wondering living environment that can only be God-sent - more on this another day)
3) Good health for my mother and children - and me
4) A dedicated, kind and honest helper
5) Fun and dedicated colleagues, and understanding bosses
6) Numerous wonderful friends
7) Countless prayers from cell members, colleagues, friends etc - you know who you are
8) Most of all - our Heavenly Father for His providence, love and care that has seen me through varied struggles through 2007.

2007 is not an easy year as I faced competition for my time from all factors of my life. Much has happened and there are various incidents that still leave me baffled and asking "Why?"

But Lord, your ways are higher than mine. I choose to trust and believe in You. I am certain it will all make sense to me in the future. Help me Lord not to be bitter and not to harden my heart during difficult times. Help me to remain close to You and Your calling. Help me to walk closer into Your Plan and Will for my life. Amen.

No comments: